Wheelworks now offers the Park Tool School, a hands-on maintenance and repair clinic designed by Park Tool and taught by our own expert service technicians. Learn how your bike works, from changing a flat to completely overhauling your bike. Park Tool's Big Blue Book of Bicycle Repair ($29.99, required) serves as the outline and textbook for each class, and is augmented by the hands-on demonstration of the instructor.
• Please note we need at least two participants per class to run a course. We will notify anyone signed up prior to the class if this minimum is not met.
Classes are taught on a one-student-to-one-mechanic basis. Students are provided with a professional shop environment, including tools and work stand, and need only a bike. Classes cover any mechanical topic the student requests: fixing flats or rebuilding your suspension system, you choose!
Two Hour Sessions $150 are scheduled M-F 10am - 4pm
One Hour Sessions $80 are scheduled M-F 10am - 5pm
In addition to the variety of Park Tool School classes we offer, we also offer specialty classes based on topics not covered in the Park Tool School program. For example, students may schedule Individual Sessions for the following topics:
- Suspension Overhaul Clinics
- Hydraulic Disc Brake Service Clinics
- Wheel Building Clinics
6 Hour Course $99
This novice class is split into two three-hour sessions over a single week. The course covers the basics and provides an introduction to:
- New bike owner overview
- Work space setup
- Tools and lubrication
- Wheels, tires, and tubes
- Bike wash
12 Hour Course (road or 'dirt' options) $199
This intermediate class is split into four three-hour sessions over two consecutive weeks. The course offers an in-depth explanation of the tune-up process plus:
- Wheel truing
- Bearing service and adjustment (headset, bottom bracket, and hubs)
- Brake adjustments (pads and cables)
- Derailleur adjustments (cable, indexing, limits, and shifters)
- Stem, bar, and seatpost adjustment
- "Dirt" specialties will include suspension overview: inflation or setup of fluid and seal changes (performed on dummy equipment).
- Bike wash
Park Tool School Guidelines
- Participant must pay for the class and student manual prior to the class
- Cancellations are acceptable, but not refundable unless the space in that class is filled by another participant
- Participants should bring their own bike and student manual to each class and wear clothing that can get dirty
- Participants must be at least 16 years of age to participate