This 26 inch kids' Hybrid Bike is the ideal multi-purpose, geared bike for 12 to 14 year olds with a minimum inside leg of 73cm. The handlebars can be lowered or raised within a range of 54mm and adjusting the seat height is easy to do at home with the quick release system. This means a Frog Bike will grow with your child making it a great investment.
The Frog 73 offers total independence, with wide tyres and a sturdy frame it is perfect for doing a paper round on the road or flying down forest trails with friends at the weekend. You also have the option to attach a pannier rack to the frame for transporting school books and sports kit.
Why buy a Frog 73?
- Lightweight but sturdy Frame making the bike easy to ride and carry
- Tektro brakes with easy to reach brake levers. Better braking and speed control means improved confidence for young riders
- 8-Speed Shimano easy-change thumb-shifter gears makes changing gear and riding up hills childsplay
- Patented Frog cranks maintain a low Q-Factor (the distance between the pedals) for easier pedalling. A reduced distance between the pedals allows for maximum leverage on the pedals increasing efficiency and speed
- Quick-release seat post for easy height adjustment
- Free 5 year warranty on frame and forks
- Reflectors, mudguard and bell included
In contrast to many kids' bikes, Frog bikes are sized by the leg length rather than age, as this is the most reliable way of getting the right size of bike for each child. Age alone isn’t a reliable measure as there is a large spread of “normal” leg lengths & heights for each age.
We recommend taking the time to measure the rider’s inside leg - it’s easy to do:
- Stand the child in socks against a wall
- Place a small book between their legs, as high as is comfortable
- Ask the child to move away and measure from the top of the book to the floor.
Once you have measured the inside leg, use the table below to find the right size of bike for your child. Please note we give the AVERAGE inside leg length for each bike, with the saddle at its lowest setting (please be aware there is tolerance on each side of this).
At this height, the child will safely and comfortably be able to get their feet on the ground. Don’t worry - Frog Bikes have long seat posts, so the saddle can be raised a long way as the rider grows.