When we came out with the original Alpha Jacket, we wrote, Throw out everything you think you know about cycling jackets. We’ve done it once again. So throw out everything you think you know about cycling jackets.
We started by keeping everything that made the original Alpha Jacket your favorite dry-weather jacket: the two-layer construction to separate the insulation layer from the outer shell, the double front opening to diffuse the cold air when you open up to ventilate, the excellent breathability, the flat wrist and waist openings, the articulated collar, the insanely soft stretch fabrics, and the great fit.
By using Gore’s new Windstopper light rain-resistant membrane and DWR treatment, selective seam sealing, careful seam placement and construction, and a waterproof YKK Vislon zipper, we’ve made the jacket essentially waterproof while not compromising the characteristics that made it such a great dry-weather jacket.
It’s a significant step toward Castelli’s goal of making clothing that performs impeccably in the dry but offers complete water protection in the rain. And it will make your riding enjoyable, rain or shine.
- Rain or Shine engineering provides insulation and breathability for cold and dry rides, with effective waterproofing for wet rides
- Gore Windstopper 150 fabric provides wind protection with high breathability and effective rain protection
- Seam sealing on shoulders, reduced seaming and double stitching keep you mostly dry
- Alpha construction separates wind/water protection layer from insulating layer for better ventilation and moisture evaporation
- Raw-edge waist lies flat and moves with you
- Raw-edge wrist cuffs lie flat for a perfect interface with gloves
- Stretch fabrics with advanced patterning make for an excellent close-to-body fit that still accommodates a wide range of body types
- 3 rear pockets with reflective laser-cut drain holes
|Orange/Black / Small||08055688539467||B17502341-2||210000041415|