Wheel Set Rentals
Two reasons to rent wheels from Wheelworks:
- You have a top priority event (race, gran fondo, triathlon or time trial) and you want a significant upgrade from your everyday training wheels.
- You are shopping for a pair of high quality wheels but want to try some out before committing.
How it Works:
- You can rent in one of two ways - by phone or walk-in. Walk-ins are always welcome to rent whatever we currently have available. If you want to reserve wheels, please call us at 617.489.3577.
- Upon pickup or delivery, a hold for the retail value of the wheels will be placed on your credit card, but the card WILL NOT BE CHARGED, unless you fail to return the wheels. Upon return, the hold will be released and you will only be charged for the amount of the rental.
- Rental charges can be applied to purchase a new wheel set.
- Wheelworks supplies the tires, brake-pads, and installation.
- Customers provide the cassette.
Wheel sets available for rental:
Firecrest 202 Clincher or Tubular - The climbing prowess of Zipp’s 202 heightens even the loftiest ambitions. Not only do these ultra-light wheels set the climbing standard in the WorldTour peloton, they also excel over rough roads and handle like champs even in stiff crosswinds. Plus, the slippery profile of Zipp's 32mm-deep, 25.5mm-wide dimpled Firecrest rims are more aerodynamice than many deep-section wheels for ample free speed and energy savings. These stellar wheels also boast Zipp’s fine hubs that employ oversize axles and smooth Swiss steel bearings. And you get Sapim's stellar CX-Ray spokes for years of winning performances.
Firecrest 303 Clincher or Tubular - Zipp's 303 Firecrest wheels are spearheading the reinvention of the wheel with unmatched aerodynamic properties, exceptional durability and superior ride quality. The Firecrest rim profile offers stability and aerodynamic gains even when crosswinds cut through the course. And the wider rim bed creates a larger tire contact patch for exceptional handling. The 303s boast the ultimate combination of hill-worthy light weight and wind-cheating aerodynamics thanks to their uber-light carbon construction with dimpled surfaces and 45mm depth. The svelte rims are laced to Zipp's precision hubs.
Firecrest 404 Clincher or Tubular - The sizzling speed of Zipp’s 404 Firecrests is usually witnessed from behind, in the pack, as the rider with these speedy hoops pulls away. With the aero advantage of Zipp's 58mm-deep, dimpled carbon Firecrest rims, the 404s are a favorite in the amateur racing ranks and also in the pro peloton. Their agile weight propels them up climbs and allows rapid acceleration out of corners. At 27mm-wide, the rims not only increase your aerodynamic edge, they also provide a supple ride quality and impressive cornering while minimizing rolling resistance. Plus, you'll love Zipp’s incredibly stiff hubs with oversize axles and smooth Swiss steel bearings.
Firecrest 808 Clincher or Tubular - Zipp’s 808 Firecrests are the gold standard for triathlon, TT and road bikes. At 82mm-deep and 27.5mm-wide, the dimpled carbon rims are incredibly fast in all types of wind, which makes them extremely versatile. Just as suitable for Kona as they are at spending time off the front of a hilly road race, the 808s excel due to their great handling, stiffness, durability and lightness. The beefy Firecrest rim shape makes them impressively stiff as well as aero, and provides a great ride feel with low rolling resistance. Plus, Zipp’s hubs employ oversize axles and smooth Swiss steel bearings. Everything is pulled together by Sapim CX-Ray spokes for the ultimate tall-profile aero ride.